Choose a Surgical Error Attorney Who Stands Up for Your Rights
The attorneys at our firm have decades of experience successfully handling all types of medical malpractice cases, and understand the intricate details of surgical protocol. If you believe that a preventable surgical error harmed you or a loved one, the Tawwater Law Firm can provide you with an exceptional surgical error attorney in Oklahoma City and the greater area. To build your case, we can identify the surgical error, ascertain the reason it occurred, and determine whether reasonable steps could have been taken to prevent it. Contact us today to schedule your consultation and learn more about your next legal steps.
Identifying Surgical Errors
While the vast majority of surgeries are performed by competent professionals who follow strict health and safety protocols, mistakes can occur due to a surgical team’s negligence or incompetence. Innumerable errors can occur, and some of the most common include:
- Misidentifying the surgical location – This type of mistake can include performing surgery on the incorrect leg, operating in the wrong part of the brain, or making an incision at the wrong site, among other errors.
- Injuring a critical organ or other tissue – Sometimes, a nearby organ can be damaged during surgery, or a major nerve or artery can be accidentally severed.
- Removing the incorrect body part – Sometimes the wrong organ is removed during a procedure, or a mastectomy procedure treats the incorrect breast.
- Failing to prevent and treat infection – Surgery can put patients at risk of developing hospital-acquired infections. Medical staff have a duty to provide adequate post-operative care, including preventing and properly treating infections and other complications.
Common Surgeries in Medical Malpractice Suits
All surgical procedures inherently carry some degree of risk, but negligence on the part of a healthcare professional can have devastating, even deadly, consequences. We represent clients injured in a range of surgical procedures, such as:
- Hip replacement
- Plastic surgery
- Surgery of the hand, leg, arm, or back
- Organ transplants
- Brain surgery
- Bariatric surgery
- Bypass and transplant heart surgery
Determining Whether You Have a Case
Whether you are feeling sick after you have undergone a procedure, or you have lost a loved one during surgery, you may be confused about who to turn to during this difficult time. Of course, adverse surgical outcomes may not be the outcome of negligence. But, in the instances where sub-standard care is to blame, our job is to hold those responsible accountable for your injuries and suffering. Our team will analyze all of your surgical and medical history records. Meanwhile, our experts will determine whether a surgeon or other care provider is at fault by carefully reviewing test results and other data, like x-rays and computed tomography (CT) scans. We have a proven track record of delivering favorable verdicts and settlements that have earned our clients millions of dollars. You can have confidence in our long-standing legal expertise that can deliver the compensation you need to heal.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one has been injured by a surgical mistake, you deserve compensation to help cover medical costs, and cope with pain and suffering. To find out how our experienced team can help rebuild your life, contact us today.